Sunday, July 26, 2009

HK Trip Day 3 - 14 July 2009






The day started with a ferry ride to Hong Kong island. From the pier we took a bus to Victoria Peak. I guessed it has been like more than 10 years since the last time i took a town service bus. I would say our rapidkl is much much better bus. The bus here is like... if I'm not mistaken years ago there was a MetroBus in Klang Valley, that's the kind of bus condition that i can compare with.

The Victoria Peak is the highest place in HK where we can see the whole city from its viewpoint. The entrance fee is $48 (RM24). From the entrance we have to take a tram to the peak, it is the same as our Bukit Bendera in Penang but I guessed the railway is slightly steeper....or was it the same? Hmmm...I think it's a bit higher than BB la....I don't know. From the tram exit, we had to take ...6-7 escalators (can't really remember exactly) to reach the peak. Before going up, we went to Madame Tussaud to pose with Michelle Yeoh and Michael Jackson statues. We didn't go to the gallery as it was quite expensive $300+ per person just to see wax people! So long OBAMA!..Yeoh & Jacko...that'll do!


When we finally reached the peak, the view was spectacular...it was beautiful however it was really REALLY hot up there. We stayed there for awhile, took photos and enjoying the view under the sun then we moved downstairs where there were a number of outlets selling souvenirs and other merchandise. After some quick shopping & snack, we went back to the tram to go down. From there, we took a cab to Stanley Market.

I thought it was like 10 minutes drive, it turned out to be longer than that. I think more than 20 minutes baru sampai to the market. Stanley Market is almost similar to Ladies Market in Mongkok but i would say it is more...comfortable and civilized(???) as the target market is more towards tourists. However, the price is slightly higher than Mongkok, Aiza said Stanley Market is similar to Rantau Panjang in Kelantan, in what sense I don't know as I never been to Rantau Panjang..Kelantan also never jejak kaki one. The difference or I would say the attraction is the art gallery. If you loved paintings or artworks, you can get them here. Though I didn't really look at the price, I don't think they are that expensive but they are really nice piece of work!

From Stanley Market, we took an intercity bus back to TST. It was an hour long ride. We finally reached TST around 4pm. The bus dropped us somewhere near the space museum and since most of us had to answer nature calls so we just barged into the nearest hotel i.e Sh*r*t*n Hotel. We met Fas' other half, Hasrul & Raj overthere. After everybody was ready, we walked to Harbour City but before that pegi dulu H&M. Since I don't have anything to cari in H&M, I went to Gucci & LV's boutiques with Fas. Gucci was having sale,hmmmm...let's see how much?. Interested in one big brown bag, asked that old emotionless customer rep lady to get it for me. She took it then handed it over to me and when asked about the price..she said got 50% discount so the price now is $199,999! Wow! very cheap one maaa...can buy myself another Latio sport with that money maaa!!! Thank you very much kirim salam!

I was exhausted by the time we headed to HC and so was everybody else. Rested for awhile in HC before taking the ferry cruise at Pier 3. Took the cruise at 7.45pm and watched the symphony light show. I guessed everybody was too tired to enjoy the show. Just waiting for the cruise to be over. We finally reached Pier 3 around 9ish and hailed a cab to the hotel. Back at the hotel, after everybody had freshened up we called Shalimar Restaurant to deliver our dinner. We ordered beriyani, naan and fish curry (AGAIN!). They delivered the food within 30 minutes and apalagi...hantam sajalah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print