Monday, November 16, 2009

Addiction

It has been like 3 weeks since I posted the last blog. Wasn't in the mood of writing and reading (I was on my half way through kate atkinson's when there will be good news)...well probably I got a new toy to play with :P. I've been following the 707 & 703 channel especially Jamie Oliver's & Nigella Lawson's shows for years... I also have their books. While Jamie demonstrates mostly main dish or starter meal, nigella is known for her very easy peasy delicious-mouth watering-like desserts & snacks. The nigella's book that I own is called domestic goddess with a photo of cute pink cupcake with a flower fondant icing. I've tried some of recipes and they are really really good. But that is not the whole point here..you know..hehehe.
Jeng!..Jeng!...Jeng! What I like most about nigella's show was the red color mixer that she used in the kitchen. It is called KitchenAid mixer. I've never seen it being sold anywhere in the departmental store in KV, I've searched J**c*, MJ, Pa*ks*n etc but to no avail. There is an online store that sells it but of course I want to have a look & feel on the good that I wanted to purchase, right?. When Rob*ns**s opened in The Gdns a couple of years back, I found it!!!. But OMG! it was too expensive..RM2800 a piece..it's gonna burn the whole pocket!
I was thinking about it early this month and told my hubby that I've got to spare some money for it and buy it early next year. A couple of days later, out of the sudden my hubby told me that he wanted to buy the toy for me. I was like...huh??? Is he joking? But after that, I just keep quiet about it until last week when I was jokingly asked him on when he's going to buy me the mixer. And he said, let's go now!
Well to cut the story short, I got my KitchenAid mixer and been exploring baking pleasure with it. So far been using it for meringue, cookies, moist choc cake, double choc cake and cheesecake. It 's like an addiction!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print