Thursday, April 25, 2013

Honey Oat Bread

I haven't baked any bread for quite some time, well it also has been a while since my last post on food obviously. I was sick a week after the birthday party, my taste bud had gone haywire, I wasn't in the mood of baking anything as my sense of smell was also affected. If you can't taste and you can't smell the food, so what's the point, right?

So, last night, I felt like I need to start gaining back my momentum in baking. Bread making seems comforting and easier so I Googled a good Honey Oat recipe, I found one from Bakingdom.com. It was delicious... just plain honey oat bread with butter...

 Ingredients:

1 cup milk
1/4 cup lukewarm water
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp salted butter, softened
3 cups of bread flour
2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
3/4 cup rolled oat or instant oat - (i used 1/2 cup rolled oat and 1/4 cup oat bran)

2 tbsp warm honey
2 tbsp rolled or instant oat



Let's roll!:

  1. Place milk, water, honey, butter, flour and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Put the oat in the ingredient dispenser and set for Dough/Knead and press Start.
  2. If using hand, follow Bakingdom's link as above, cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours, or until it's nearly doubled in bulk.
  3. When cycle finishes, gently deflate the dough and turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and lightly knead, add more flour if needed
  4. With floured hands, knead it for 2 minutes and roll it into a log shape. Place the dough into on a lightly greased or parchment-lined loaf pan, cover loosely with oiled plastic wrap ir clean kitchen towel, and let rise for about an hour.
  5. About 15 minutes or so before baking, preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Put 2 cups of water in an empty loaf pan, place it at the bottom rack of the oven and bring it to boil. 
  6. Brush the dough with warm honey and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of oat.
  7. Bake it for 40 to 45 minutes, until golden. Remove it from the oven.
  8. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing it with a serrated knife.


 As no preservatives were used in this bread, it is best to be consumed within 3 days max.



By the way, Iron Man 3 starts today...tried to book a ticket at my favorite cinema, but all the good seats are fully booked until 1st May.. :(


source: Google

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print