Friday, October 30, 2009

Walk Down Memory Lane - Diploma Level

I was reading one of my friend's posting the other day. She has been blogging about her life experience during her college days in UiTM (formerly ITM)Dungun, Terengganu. I think she could be in her early or mid 40s so she must've been my super duper senior I guessed...as I was also studied there after my SPM. Her post felt closer to my heart (and mind) as it somehow commemorates my student life in the same place almost 20 years ago. I was 18 then, just lost my father a few years earlier and if I further my studies my mum would be left alone at home. I was happy and sad at the same time. I was happy when I received the offer to study there, first beacuse I don't have to do STPM. secondly the cost of studying in ITM at that time was much much cheaper than any other local universities, at least my sponsors(you-know-who)can afford it...alhamdulillah. I was sad because I've never been hundreds and hundreds miles away from my family ever and alone. My mum was sick at that time too. Nevertheless, pulled myself up and go with full of expectations and great spirit!...yeay!

When I think about it now, I can't believed that it has been nearly twenty years now and look at where I am now. I took Diploma in Banking Studies merely because I like the idea of being a bank officer, you know...nice officewear, counting money...hehe, good pay...didn't really care about what are the syllabus or subjects that I will be dealing with. First 3 semesters, my favorite subject was accounting..got straight As for it for the 3 semesters. Kinda blur with economics...dunno why do we need to study curve la, demand vs supply la...boring2. The last 3 semesters, my favorite subject was Finance...loved doing time value of money & capital budgeting and stuff...really had fun doing the trial and error to find IRR..at one point it became a hobby just doing the trial & error thingy. At this time was contemplating and reassessing whether I really wanted to work in a bank???..hmmm. Loved Business Law too as it was kinda reading a novel with all kind of cases...hehe macam Jeffrey Archer's short stories la kiranyer.

End of 1993, I passed my final exam and continued to do my Degree on the following year...that's another story of Hogwartslah..hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print