Friday, April 20, 2012

Basic Ingredient - Buttermilk and such...

1 cup (240ml) Buttermilk equals to:
a) 1 cup sour cream or,
b) 1 cup plain or low fat yogurt or,
c) 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar plus enough milk to make a cup and let stand for 5-10 mins

The above substitution is interchangeably used in baking if one recipe calls for buttermilk or sour cream as one of the ingredients. These subs are supposedly making your cake more tender, moist and fluffy. 

I have tried all of the above and I have settled for one only... BUTTERMILK.

Buttermilk do wonders to baking produce...it is by far the best ingredients to make a nice and fluffy baked products. Put it in chocolate cake...yummy!, put it in waffle or pancake...it comes out very very fluffy like the Despicable Me's Agnes' unicorn and  I'm gonna die too!!!! :)

This is my most trusted Buttermilk brand, Paul's...an Aussie halal product. I also regularly use its thickened cream in my baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print