Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TM's Unifi has just turned 2 last month...



I have been reading some of my FB friends status who just had their home installed with Unifi. Being one of the earliest batch of unifi users back in mid 2010 and unsubscribe Astro a couple of months after that, I am so very happy as well with my friends' new found happiness...hehe...and some of them are thinking to unsubscribe Astro as well.

The transition from watching Astro to HyppTv was quite an easy one for my family...I am not a TV person but yes, I am a TV series person. I have been copying TV series and movies for quite sometime before having Unifi. It was just because I do not have much time..or probably didn't make time to watch TV so I rather copying the tv series like csi, ncis, criminal minds and stuff and watch them when I'm free. And now, I am downloading them myself..so I'm good.

As for the kids, Naim likes TopGear and all the Food Sciene stuff like Heston's Feast or Marcel Ultimate Kitchen and other science experiments  from BBC Knowledge and NatGeo..so he's also ok. The girls...well, just one or two cartoon channels are enough for them. Well, the thing is that they can also watch them online on Naim's Imac or Sarah's lappy...so the kids are also ok with it.

Those days people keep on telling me that HyppTv does not provide as many channels as Astro and they were asking how does the Unifi provider could ever compete with Astro...well my answer was simple, Unifi is not in competition with Astro, it is like apple and orange. Astro is a Broadcaster whilst Unifi is in the Telecommunication services where it provides high speed broadband and HyppTV is just a value added services given to the subscribers.  Anybody can choose which one they wanted or they can also have both...who cares, it is good for the economy, I guessed and it is also contributing to ICT literacy  growth among the Malaysian.

For the record, the reason why we unsubscribed from Astro was...WE CAN...that's all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Print